Re-Opening Plan for Patients and Staff
The health and safety of our customers, and therapists remains Workatreat's number one priority.
Dear Workatreat Mobile Massage Community
Following the Government's revised road map announcement on Friday, we are delighted to share the good news that we are reopening for home Massage visits from Monday 29th June.
The health and safety of Workatreat Massage Therapy clients, and therapists is our number one priority so we request you to complete this simple checklist to minimize risks related to the spread of COVID-19.
Our plan was developed in conjunction with the Irish Massage Therapists Association (IMTA) with the goal of reducing the risk of exposure to the Covid-19 virus for both patients and practitioners within our clinical setting.
The overall aim of this plan is to reduce potential virus transmission by:
• Requiring ongoing self-assessment for signs of communicable illnesses in both the patient and the therapist
• Reducing all physical, non-treatment related interactions within the practice environment, which includes an option to e-transfer fees for services
• Maintaining the recommended 6 feet/2 meters of physical distancing in all areas, except when in the treatment room.
• Requiring the practice of proper hand hygiene by both patients and therapists.
• We have enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols already in place.
• Appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
Eye protection: visors/goggles/face shield
Making an appointment
• We ask you to self-assess for symptoms and possible exposure to COVID-19, the common cold and the flu. An online checklist self-assessment form will help you to indicate the symptoms.
• If you have any symptoms like cough, runny nose, body aches, fever, sore throat/difficulty swallowing, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell if you think you have a cold or flu if you have been traveling recently if you've had contact with someone who is sick or traveled recently please wait to book your appointment.
If you are experiencing any severe symptoms or in an emergency contact 112 or 999 or visit HSE.ie for advice.
• With your appointment reminder email, we will send a COVID-19 related questionnaire to fill in online and we will call you the day before to discuss it with you.
Preparing for a home visit
We need your help to keep your Workatreat home massage safe:
• Our Therapist will arrive no more than ten minutes before your start time.
• Wear a mask for home visits, if you do not have one your therapist brings a disposable one for you to use. You will need to wear a mask or cloth face covering from the moment your therapist rings the doorbell, and for home visits, your practitioner will do the same. Check out these government guidelines
• Shower and/or wash your hands
Have a shower and/or wash your hands thoroughly just before and after your treatment.
• Prepare the space and let fresh air in.
If your treatment uses a table, clear 2x2m of floor space ahead of time. Unfortunately, your Workatreat massage therapist won’t be able to help you move furniture at the moment to reduce touch-points. If you can open a window to let fresh air flow through the room – evidence suggests well-ventilated spaces help reduce COVID-19 transmission.
During the Massage
• You must wear a mask. We will each be wearing a mask as well.
• You will respect the 6 feet/2 meters of physical distancing while in common areas. Note: Physical distancing is not possible during the treatment due to the nature of Massage Therapy.
• We are unable to offer water at this time. Please bring your water bottle if you require it.
• No food or drinks in the treatment room will be permitted, except for your water bottle.
After the Massage
• We would prefer that our fees be paid by e-transfer, when possible. We have a card processing terminal for debit and credit cards that will be sanitized after every use. Not all therapists are accepting cash payments, please check with them about this.
• Rebooking follow-up appointments will have to be done over the phone or by email.
• Please remember to drink plenty of water before and after a massage.
A few more points:
• We still require 24 hours’ notice of your cancellation or we charge the entire appointment fee. Cancellations related to illness will be relaxed but please give as much notice as possible.
• Scheduled appointments only.
• We are enhancing our cleaning protocols so all equipment and accessories for massage therapy will be thoroughly cleaned after each appointment with an approved disinfectant cleaner. High touch surfaces such as the treatment table and face rest and oil/lotion bottles will be disinfected before every appointment. Our sheets, towels, and linens are laundered in hot water with detergent and high heat drier.
Finally, a sincere thank you for the check-ins, the how are you doing's, the booking enquiries and all the support you have offered us while we were closed.
We feel incredibly lucky to be included in Phase 3 reopening strategy and we wouldn't have this happy practice to come back to without you.
We always want to create the safest treatment experience possible and we are relying on your full cooperation with our new protocols. If you require the more detailed version of our plan, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call (087) 053 5529 and we will be happy to answer all your questions.
Signed with great respect,