Re-Opening Plan for Patients and Staff
The health and safety of our customers and therapists remain Workatreat's
No 1 priority.
Dear Workatreat Massage Community
Workatreat Covid-19 protocols
• The health and safety of Workatreat Massage Therapy clients and therapists is our number one priority, so we request you to complete our simple checklist to minimize risks related to the spread of COVID-19.
• Our plan was developed in conjunction with the Irish Massage Therapists Association (IMTA) to reduce the risk of exposure to the Covid-19 virus for both patients and practitioners within our clinical setting.
The overall aim of this plan is to reduce potential virus transmission by:
•Requiring ongoing self-assessment for signs of communicable illnesses in both the patient and the therapist
• Reducing all physical, non-treatment related interactions within the practice environment, which includes an option to e-transfer fees for services • Maintaining the recommended 6 feet/2 meters of physical distancing in all areas, except when in the treatment room. • Requiring the practice of proper hand hygiene by both patients and therapists.
• We have enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols already in place.
• Appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) Gloves Masks Eye protection: visors/goggles/face shield
Making an appointment
• We ask you to self-assess for symptoms and possible exposure to COVID-19, the common cold and the flu. An online checklist self-assessment form will help you to indicate the symptoms.
• If you have any symptoms like cough, runny nose, body aches, fever, sore throat/difficulty swallowing, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell if you think you have a cold or flu if you have been travelling recently, if you've had contact with someone who is sick or travelled recently please wait before booking an appointment.
If you are experiencing any severe symptoms or in an emergency, contact 112 or 999 or visit HSE.ie for advice.
• After you receive your appointment reminder email (24 hours before the appointment) if you need to cancel for any reason please contact us by email email@example.com or call or text (087) 053 5529.
Preparing for your treatment
We need Your help to keep You and our Workatreat Massage Therapists safe:
• Our Therapist will prepare the therapy room no more than ten minutes before your start time.
• Wear a mask for visits; if you do not have one, your therapist will provide a disposable one for you to use. You will need to wear a mask or cloth face covering from the moment our therapist meets you and the therapist will do the same.
• Have a shower before the arranged appointment.
•We require all our client to sanitise their hands when entering the clinic
•The therapist will check your temperature before your treatment
During the Massage
• You must wear a mask. Your therapist will also be wearing a mask.
• You will respect the 6 feet/2 meters of physical distancing while in common areas.
Note: Physical distancing is not possible during the treatment due to the nature of Massage Therapy.
• We are unable to offer water at this time. Please bring your water bottle if you require it.
• No food or drinks in the treatment room will be permitted, except for your water bottle.
After the Massage
• We would prefer that our fees be paid by e-transfer, when possible. We have a card processing terminal for debit and credit cards that will be sanitized after every use. Not all therapists are accepting cash payments. Please check with them about this.
• Rebooking follow-up appointments will have to be arranged over the phone or by email.
• Please remember to drink plenty of water before and after your massage treatment.
A few more points:
• We still require 24 hours’ notice of your cancellation, or we charge the entire appointment fee. Cancellations related to illness will be relaxed, but please give as much notice as possible.
• Scheduled appointments only, No walk-in bookings taken
• We are enhancing our cleaning protocols so all equipment and accessories for the massage therapy are thoroughly cleaned after each appointment with an approved disinfectant cleaner. High touch surfaces such as the treatment table and face rest and oil/lotion bottles will be disinfected before every appointment. Our sheets, towels, and linens are laundered in hot water with detergent and high temperature drier.
Finally, a sincere THANK YOU for the "check-ins", the "how are you doing's", the booking enquiries and all the support you have offered us while we were closed. We really appreciate each and every one of you. We always strive to create the safest treatment experience possible, and we are relying on your full cooperation with our new protocols. If you require any further details or clarifications of the protocols, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (087) 053 5529, and we will be happy to answer all your questions.
Signed with great respect,